Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kicking it.

So after my last post, I wallowed in self pity for about a week. Boo-hoo, woe is me kinda stuff that really doesn't make much sense. So this week, I decided to stop feeling sorry for my self and do something about it. Enter my friend Carrie with the suggestion of Kickboxing.
The gym where she has been working out (and she looks awesome by the way) was offering an 8 week kickboxing class and she had seen that I had been down, and suggested I come with her and try it out. Last night was our first class and even though I had to sit out a couple times do to my lack of endurance and food in my system, I had SOOOOO much fun!
Alot of the moves reminded me of my former life as a dancer. The balance required, the form of the kicks, the way your body moves as a unit, etc. And the best part was I had a friend to do it with. That was what I had been lacking all along! I NEED that support system and accountability. I do so much better when I have someone to say, get off your butt now or I am never speaking to you again. (ok carrie never said that, but I am sure she was thinking it.) So if there is one piece of advice I have for this whole thing, it is this, If something is not working figure out why. For me, I know I need a friend or two to work out with... It makes time go by faster and is just more fun!

2 comments:

  1. NEVER even thought it! You did your best right? that's what matters. But I will need you to eat more than a protein bar next week! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete