Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Round 2 of Kickboxing, and Downsizing

As mentioned in my last post, I have started a kickboxing class once a week. Last night was the second night and, like the McDonald's comercials say, I'm Loving It! Last night we worked on kicking, hitting, and blocking while moving across the floor. At one point you were to go after your partner just throwing punches, one after another. Well, I think I scared my partner because instead of blocking, she just turned and ran! Now thats what I call intimidation! I feel so good while taking the class like my body is saying "Finally she decided to get me moving again." We also got to hit targets with kicks and punches. I have discovered that I really like hitting stuff! (Ha Ha) The trainer (who is a woman) said that when you like to hit the targets, you are either a true kickboxer, woman, or both.

I have also started a new diet that consists of meal replacement shakes, high protein snacks and then a "colorful" dinner. I have tried some of these types of shakes before and could never get past the flavor. Chaulky, grainy, and downright just awful tasting! But these are REALLY good. I got the chocolate flavor and get to mix in some peanut butter and a little ice... Reese's cup in a shake! And anyone who knows me knows that the combo of chocolate and peanut butter is HEAVEN to me! I don't want to tell you the name of the shakes quite yet because I have only been on them for a few days and I want to see how much I lose first. But from Friday to Tuesday, I had already lost 2 pounds.

Now for the downsizing portion of this blog. I was looking in my closet for something to wear and sorting into goodwill piles when I happened upon a pair of jeans that were bought for me a few years ago. I was getting ready to put them in the goodwill pile when I thought, what the heck, lets just see. I was so shocked when I could pull them all the way up, and even more so when I could zip them without doing the lay-on-the-bed-pulling-on-the-zipper-with-a pair-of-pliers dance. And I got so excited that I could actually stand and breathe in them that I had to post it on Facebook and on my mommies forum. So even if the scale doesn't say what I want it to, I can tell I have lost inches. And that makes all the difference!

1 comment: