Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Reasons to Celebrate

This past Monday was my birthday. I have entered the last year of my 20's. I, for one, am looking forward to what this year will bring. A few things I am looking forward to in the next year or so: Gaining my LPN license, starting my career as a nurse, the possibility of moving, and hopefully, reconnecting with some fabulous friends that are supporting me in my journey through school and life.

Another reason to celebrate: I have placed in a state competition for nursing and get to go to Nationals! This past weekend, I was in Williamsburg for the state HOSA competition. HOSA stands for Health Occupation Students of America. I competed in a knowledge test for Nutrition and Job Seeking skills. I figured that if anything, it would be a nice break from the routine and a good way to celebrate my birthday. I was shocked to learn that I had placed 2nd in the test and 3rd in the job seeking skills! I now need to do some fundraising so I can go to California to represent VA. I am excited, nervous, anxious, and exhausted all at once just thinking about it.

And a Final reason to celebrate. Even with being gone all weekend and eating out every night, I still lost weight! I have been keeping up with my shakes, and water intake which was a challenge this weekend with all the running around. I am starting to feel more energized during the day. I am not putting junk into my body. I am starting to crave healthy over fast food. I can now look at food on my plate and not eat it all (I had a huge issue with this.) I am truely on my way to a better me. And thats is the best reason to celebrate.

1 comment: