Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Temptations...

And no I am not refering to the group. So after recovering from my sickness, I have found myself wanting to go back to my comfort foods (soda, CFA, mashed potatoes). I haven't been working out as much as I would like either. My hubby was nice enough to hide all the junky stuff out of sight as to not tempt me into cheating. It has really worked for the most part. But passing by fast food lane (aka 360) is a challange. I used to drive all the back roads so I wouldn't even see the golden arches, Wendy's red pig-tails, or the Arby's cowboy hat. Now that they are doing construction on my back roads, I have no choice at times but to go down fast food lane. And before I know it, I am pulling thru CFA and getting a spicy chicken deluxe. Of course, I tell myself I will do extra workout to burn it of "later", then "later" comes and I am too tired. Then begins the viscious cycle. Sigh.

How do you avoid temptation?

3 comments:

  1. eat before I go out, and ALWAYS pack a snack. If I even think I am hungry, I eat that instead, that way I feel better about what I did eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above. I eat before I go out. Driving down 360 (I used to use walnut grove and back streets too) I sing with the radio (really loud), look at things other than food. Or just remind myself I want to be healthy more than I want whatever they have.

    I also found after Cathy and I ate healthy for a few months - Junk food didn't make us feel good. It was heavy and full of fat - so it became easy to avoid. And - per Jillian Michaels - If I MUST stop - stop at subway. Pick fresh stuff, and don't get the meal or - get the "fit" meal.

    You're doing great. But not every day will be perfect - some days we are creating, some days we are re-creating, and some days we just need a little grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having such a hard time too...all I want to do is eat something bad! I weighed in at WW this morning and so far I've lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks which has given me enough motivation to keep at it this week. But, all I want is a CFA #1 combo or Pizza Hut pizza!

    ReplyDelete